Saturday, September 19, 2009

Cha-Cha-CHIA!!

Oh...its a beautiful Saturday here! Sun is shining...and I am stoked to have the day off!! I got up early did a Cardio Kickboxing class, followed by a full hour of weightraining! Woo-hoo! Felt great, and I am ready to get the day going!

For my immediate recovery meal, I created the BEST smoothie that I have had YET! This smoothie is loaded with great protien, omega's, fiber, and my new best friend...CHIA!
Let me introduce you to CHIA....

• Nature’s richest vegetarian source of omega-3 essential fatty acids

• Nature’s richest source of fibre (especially rich in soluble fibre)

• Complete protein with high levels of 18 Amino Acids (including the essential 10)

• Three times more iron than spinach

• Fifteen times more magnesium than broccoli

• Six times more calcium than milk

 
• No trans fats

 
• Gluten Free

 
• Hypo-Allergenic – There are no known allergies to PanaChia



RECOVERY CHOCOLATE CHIA SMOOTHIE
  • 1 cup of Lowfat Chocolate Soy Milk
  • 1 Cup of Spinach
  • 1 Serving of Wheat Grass
  • 2 Tablespoons of Salba
  • 1 Tablespoon of Chia
  • 1 Tablespoon of Natural Crunchy Peanut Butter
  • Handul of Ice
Blended all together for absolute YUMMY Chocolate Chia!! The crunchy nuts add a bit of excitment in the smoothie! I have to say...I am inlove with this combination. I may treat myself to this again....today!! 

Enjoy your Saturday! I am off to a convention with my sister to learn a bit more on the human body! I am heading the the conferenc in Buffalo shortly and plan to have the information stimulate my studying for tonight!! I am commited to pass my training exam!

1 comment:

phyllis tomiuck said...

wow this is such an exciting journey to follow with Deborah. I love the way she is so honest and true to herself and her healthy lifestyle. And how she shares all of her meals, workouts and recipes with all of us. Please continue Deborah this is the most exciting blog I have ever actually looked forward to viewing daily.

Keep up the good work. Thank-you