Monday, September 21, 2009

Salsa Chicken with Quinoa and flax

GOOD MORNING! Its Monday, and I am on my way to a great start! I had a hard workout with 1 hour weight training, and a 5KM run today.  Last night, I experimented with a few ingredients and came up with .....(drum roll please....)

Salsa Chicken with Quinoa and Flax

INGREDIENTS:
1 Jar of organic Salsa-Medium
1 Can of Low Fat, Low Sodium Cream of Mushroom soup
1/2 package of Low Sodium Chicken Fajitas Seasoning Mix
4 Chicken Breasts
***Put all above ingredients in a crockpot on low, and leave for about 5-6 hours.

Cook Quinoa as per usual....(I added flax seeds to this dish)
Bring water or chicken stock to a boil, reduce to low, add quinoa and cover. Let sit for aprox 20 minutes, and voila!!

Put it all together....and YUMMY!!!

No comments: