Friday, November 6, 2009

Perfect Pecan Pumpkin Bread!

Looks like I have gone a bit fanatic on the 'pumpkin' thing this fall.....but it makes for some awesome baking!! I created this recipe below, and I dont mean to brag.......but IT WAS THE BEST!!! I am trying to contain myself not to eat the whole loaf!!!!

Give it a try and let me know how you did!



Close up......look how moist....mmmm


This one is all boxed up now for my Auntie Mama...hopefully  Ronnie doesnt get into it before tomorrow.

PERFECT PECAN PUMPKIN

  • 1  1/2 cups of unsweetened organic applesauce


  • 1 can of PURE pumpkin puree


  • 2 whole eggs, 2 egg whites


  • 1/2 cup of Skim Milk


  • 1/3 cup Molasses


  • 1 tablespoon of Pure Vanilla Extract


  • 3 1/2 cups of whole wheat flour


  • 2 cups of Sucanat (or Brown sugar if you cant find/get)


  • 2 teaspoons baking soda


  • 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon


  • 1 teaspoon each of : ginger, mace, nutmeg and cloves ( I LOVE THIS COMBO)


  • 1/2 teaspoon baking powder


  • 1 cup of chopped dates


  • 1 cup chopped pecans

TOPPING

  • 1/4 cup of Sucanat


  • 1/4 cup of chopped pecans (I ran out, so I ended up using sunflower seeds for this one)


  • 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon


  • 1/4 cup of quick oatmeal

DIRECTIONS:
Combine the first 7 ingredients, mix well. Combine all others in a seperate bowl. Then add the flour mixture to the pumpkin and mix well. Stir in dates and pecans. Pour into 3 lightly sprayed loaf pans.

Combine topping ingredients and sprinkle over batter

Bake at 350 for 65 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 15 minutes and ENJOY!!!

No comments: