Thursday, November 12, 2009

What to eat....

My most frequently asked question from my clients is "What should I eat before and after working out". Here are some of my suggestions. If you have others, leave me a comment and I can add them in!


EXAMPLES OF WHAT TO EAT BEFORE WORKING OUT:


(Eat at least ONE hour prior to exercise)

• Fruit
• Smoothie
• Rice cake
• Apple
• Yogurt
• Banana
• Vegetable juice
• Sports gels or drinks
• Oatmeal
• Wheat toast
• Bagel with jelly
• Healthy cereal with no-fat milk

EXAMPLES OF WHAT TO EAT AFTER WORKING OUT:

(Eat within ONE hour after exercise)

• Apple with peanut butter
• Protein shake
• Low fat cottage cheese
• Chicken (grilled, boiled or baked)
• Brown rice
• Walnuts or almonds
• Eggs  (egg whites are even better!)
• Fish
• Beans
• Whole wheat pasta
• Whey protein  (Isolate protien is even better!)

No comments: