Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Grilled Chicken, Bulgur with Aspargus!

Ok, so now I have made a new favorite friend...Aspargus! Seriously, I think I almost ate the whole bunch!! This is a fantastic meal, that I will be sure to eat again!
CHICKEN
The chicken, I marinated in the fridge overnight, and grilled on the BBQ (yes...all year round baby!)
BULGUR
Then, boiled bulgur for 15 min...what is bulgur???
BULGUR is considered to be a natural weightloss food! The taste is a bit nutty and similar feeling to rice...but even better. It has more fibre, less calories,and is a great source of B Vitamins and Vitamin E.
ASPARAGUS
For the Aspargus, I trimed off the ends, and put in a pan with lemon, garlic and a tspn of olive oil, crushed black pepper and a dash of sea salt! I LOVE ASPARAGUS...did I already say that?? Not only is one of the most nutrionaly balanced veggies, its so tasty!


Grilled Chicken, Bulgur and Asparagus

2 comments:

Sweta said...

Looks like we have the same taste in food-love asparagus, bulgur and chicken .I cook the bulgur with egual amounts of split mung-we call it "khichidi". And next time,try to marinate the chicken in "tandoori" masala before grilling-and voila,you'll have a tasty and simple(healthy) Indian meal :)

Deborah Fisher (Flawless Foodie) said...

That sounds awesome! Thanks for sharing!!:)