Friday, December 4, 2009

Learning to Run!

I have to be honest...I never ever thought I would consider myself a runner! About 5 years ago,  I stepped on the treadmill and began my goal to loose weight and "try" to run. I only ran 1 minute, before I was completly exhausted. So I can tell you that it takes time, dedication and consistency to run. If I can do it, trust me...you can too!!!

Well, after conquering 10K 3-4 times a week for the last month, I may have joined the rat pack!!  I even went as far as doing 14K this week in 70 minutes. Not sure what was it that motivated me to run so hard and long, but it truly was the best feeling EVER!Woo-hoo!

So to share one of my ways to start out...try this routine! Its only 20 minutes, but it will surely blast fat by doing intervals and rev up that heart rate.

Interval-cardio treadmill workout


Its very important to stretch out afterwords as well. Give yourself a good 10 minutes to really stretch out those muscles and reap the benefits of accomplishing your goal!

3 comments:

Astra Libris said...

Thank you so much for your comment on my blog! Your blog is beautiful, and so inspiring! (and Harley is SO adorable!! :-)

Anonymous said...

Is it possible to set up the treadmill to do this interval workout so that you aren't trying to do it all manually?

Deborah Fisher (Flawless Foodie) said...

To set up the machine to program...is above my techincal capabilities!LOL!

I have to say I dont mind the manual work, as time flies.