Friday, February 26, 2010

Baked Chicken with Crumbled Goat Cheese and Sliced Almonds

Happy Friday!

Well I am home, sick just getting over the flu and I'm also snowed in! Its a bit boring for me to do nothing, so I made a new recipe.

I have a difficult time eating meat for a few reasons so I usually opt for vegetarian options and the odd turkey and chicken meals. I found organic grain fed NGMO (not genetically modified) at Zehres. Its pricey, about $10 for 2 chicken breasts, but I feel you cant put a price on your health. I want to eat right for the long term and short term benefits.

I crumbled up so soft unripend cracked pepper goat cheese and mixed in sliced almonds in a little bowl. I prepped the chicken and put it on a foil wrapped cookie sheet. Then topped with the cheese/nut combo. I also put foil on the top of the cookie sheet to steam/bake the chicken. (a-ha! no added fat for cooking!!)

Put in the oven at 425 for 15 minutes and VOILA, a great dinner or lunch.

Ronnie put his in a pita with spinach and gobbled it down before I could ask "Did you like it??", I guess he did! I put mine on a plate, and reluctantly realized that I have NO veggies left in the house!! Grrr...I opened up a can of   salt-free corn and salt-free green beans. Put together, and YUCK! The corn and green beans were horrible! I used to like these?? How come they tasted so bad? Is is just because they are salt free?? Either way, I WILL NEVER BUY THOSE CANNED VEGGIES AGAIN!



So I enjoyed my chicken SOLO! It was very good!!!

3 comments:

Allison (Eat Clean Live Green) said...

I love the almond/goat cheese combination! Sounds great!

flawlessfoodie said...

Thanks Allison! I love your site!! :)

vincent said...

Hello,


We bumped into your blog and we really liked it - great recipes YUM YUM.
We would like to add it to the Petitchef.com.

We would be delighted if you could add your blog to Petitchef so that our users can, as us,
enjoy your recipes.

Petitchef is a french based Cooking recipes Portal. Several hundred Blogs are already members
and benefit from their exposure on Petitchef.com.

To add your site to the Petitchef family you can use http://en.petitchef.com/?obj=front&action=site_ajout_form or just go to Petitchef.com and click on "Add your site"

Best regards,

Vincent
petitchef.com