Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Spaghetti Squash!!



Spaghetti squash contains many nutrients, including folic acidpotassiumvitamin A, and beta carotene.

I cut one medium sized spaghetti Squash in 1/2, removed the seeds and fiberous stuff....baked in the oven with the skin facing up at 350 for 60 minutes.

Once I removed it from the oven, I started scraping out all the good stuff with a fork! To my amazement (this is my first time baking it!) It looked just like spaghetti!!! I was so excited! 

Then I heated a tablespoon of olive oil and minced garlic, cracked black pepper and seal salt in a large pan. I added the spaghetti squash to coat evenly and sprinkled with light feta! This dish was amazing, and so versatile. Its a dieters dream too because there is only 45 calories to a cup of spaghetti squash!

Have fun with it, you can even add tomato sauce or whatever you prefer as a topping. This is a good base for so many dishes, and I know I will experiment with others!! ENJOY!

No comments: