Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Working it out!

Well, I have decided to mix things up a lot with my workouts, and I have moved away from my traditional 10-15km runs! 


I suppose after tearing my AchillesTendon, it was time for a change. Over training ( I should know bettter....) was the main reason for the injury and it got me thinking about what I should do in the meantime! 


Well, I have started spinning as a warm up putting minimal pressure on my calves, and added most of the resistance to my legs and glutes! And have dedicated full sessions on specific areas of my body. For example I did a killer chest routine that incorporated ONLY 3 exercises and it was super challenging!


Bench CHEST Press


SET #1 @ 25LB DBLS, 6 REPS
SET #2 @ 20LB DBLS, 8 REPS
SET #3 @ 15LB DBLS, 10 REPS 
SET #4 @ 10LB DBLS, 15 REPS


This was performed on a bench, using the standard chest press with dumbbells and a 30-45 second rest in between each set


Incline Chest Press Bench CHEST Press


SET #1 @ 25LB DBLS, 6 REPS
SET #2 @ 20LB DBLS, 8 REPS
SET #3 @ 15LB DBLS, 10 REPS 
SET #4 @ 10LB DBLS, 15 REPS

This was performed on a bench at a 45 degree angle using the standard chest press with dumbbells and a 30-45 second rest in between each set

Push Ups

SET #1 STANDARD FULL PUSH UP, 10 REPS
SET #2 @ TRICEP PUSH UP, 10 REPS
SET #3 @ WALKING PUSHUPS, 10 REPS 
SET #4 @ STANDARD FULL PUSH UPS,10 REPS

In between each set, give yourself a 30-45 second rest! Your gonna need it! (I sure did!)

Cheers to a great chest!!!






No comments: