Monday, June 21, 2010
Thanks to Tosca Reno, I got this email today, and just in time too!! I have been craving sweets lots! I do have a sweet tooth and with Fathers day yesterday...well I indulged!! Following some of this great advice is a good way to get around that sweet treat!!
Advice from You!
On May 27th, the You Tell Us question of the day was: “What’s your favorite Clean treat to beat a sugar craving?” The response on eatcleandiet.com and The Eat-Clean Diet® Facebook Page was spectacular!
Here's a selection of your great ideas for Clean treats:
Metaxia F., via Facebook
1. An apple with natural nut butter does the trick!
Meghan M., via Facebook
2. Melt 80% chocolate and drizzle it over clusters of chopped almonds and dried cranberries. Then pop them in the freezer to harden. They are bite size and one does the trick!
Carol G., via Facebook
3. Grilled pineapple, peaches and plums. Great dessert! And they caramelize so nicely on the grill!
Mary H., via Facebook
4. Half of a Clean-Eating Power Protein Bar from The Eat-Clean Diet® Cookbook!
Courtney M., via Facebook
5. Sliced frozen bananas with a square of 80% cocoa grated over top!
Kristi K., via Facebook
6. A serving of Greek yogurt with frozen blueberries and Clean granola. It’s sweet, cold and crunchy all in one!
Stephanie M., via eatcleandiet.com
7. The banana roll-ups from The Eat-Clean Diet® for Men!
Kristi B., via Facebook
8. Use a microwave steamer and steam an apple or pear for about 1-2 minutes. Then top with cinnamon and chopped almonds.
Vinita P., via eatcleandiet.com
9. Cottage cheese with peach slices!
Jessica R., via Facebook
10. Dried figs stuffed with raw almonds.
Malvina C., via Facebook
11. My favorite treat is a banana. Boring, I know, but it works every time.
I hope that next time you get a craving, you ditch the candy bars and reach for one of these Clean treats. And remember – portion size is key!
Don’t forget to answer today’s You Tell Us question of the day: It’s the first day of summer! How will you adapt your workout to take advantage of the warmer weather?
Have a great week!