Thursday, July 1, 2010

HAPPY CANADA DAY....ITS A Beach Day!


Ahhh...the summer weather is here and nothing like heading down to the cottage in Sherkston to enjoy a beach day!!  For some reason when we are at the beach, time stops. I just enjoy the sounds of the beach, the hot sun and of course a few refreshments to wash it all down!! :)

Just dont forget to put on your sunblock! I put my SPF 40 on...while Ronnie, well....he missed a few spots, and payed for it later!

Ok, how to pack your beach cooler the EAT CLEAN WAY??


  1. FRUIT SALAD: Well, I chopped up watermelon, cantaloupe, honey dew melon, strawberries, oranges, grapes and blueberries and put it in a large thermos. Added 100% Orange juice and Soda water for some fizz. Kept us well hydrated and was a sweet snack too!!
  2. VEGGIE SNACK:I also packed some raw veggies (carrots, cauliflower, broccoli, and celery) to dip into some hummus.
  3. WATER: Lots of Water!! This is key to hydrate your body.
  4. SANDWICH: Natural Peanut Butter smothered on 2 pieces of Ezekiel Bread. I also added a small amount of Agave Nectar for my crazy sweet tooth!!
***NOTE: Try to avoid anything salty, as the sodium will dehydrate your body


 Ahhhhh.....
Even our little Harley enjoys this beach!!

Photobucket

1 comment:

simpledaisy said...

Great tips!!! and looks like a super fun day:)