Forget Ice Cream!
Cool down on a hot summer day with this easy-to-prepare, budget-friendly treat that everyone will enjoy!
Very Berry Ice Pop
Yield: 6 ice pops
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 0 minutes
- 1 cup / 240 ml plain unsweetened low-fat yogurt
- 1 cup / 240 ml blueberries
- 1 cup / 240 ml strawberries
- 2 Tbsp / 30 ml honey or equivalent natural sweetener
- Ice pop mold*
or plastic spoons
1. Add yogurt, fruit and honey to a blender. Blend until smooth.
2. Fill mold, or if using cups, place them on a tray or baking sheet. Fill each cup with the fruit mixture.
3. Cover the filled cups with one large piece of aluminum foil. Make a slit in the foil over each of the filled cups. Insert a wooden craft stick (or plastic spoon if you don't have sticks) through the slit.
4. Freeze overnight.
5. To serve, run the ice pops under warm water until they slide out of the paper cups.
TOSCA'S TIP:Try experimenting with different fruit combinations to create your own flavors. Here are three of my favorites! Replace the berries in the recipe above with the ingredients listed below.