Sunday, February 6, 2011

Healthy Carob Macaroons!


I had a little chocolate craving...and rampaged through my healthy cabinets to find a cure!!

I came up with these little CAROB MACAROONS!
My mission was successful! In fact, they are so great, Ronnie thought they were made with chocolate!!! :)


INGREDIENTS


  • 1/2 cup of Carob Powder
  • 1/4 cup of Earth Balance Butter
  • 1 cup of organic cane sugar
  • 1 cup of organic milk
BRING TO A BOIL FOR 2-3 MINUTES, remove from heat and add

  • 1 tablespoon of pure vanilla
  • 1/2 cup of shredded coconut
  • 3 cups of organic quick oats
Mix until well covered and drop little spoonfuls on a wax paper lined cookie sheet.
Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes prior to serving.

ENJOY!!!!




Photobucket

1 comment:

urban vegan said...

Looks fabu! Being vegan, I'd just sub soy milk for the milk. Yummers.