Sunday, March 27, 2011

Healthy Quinoa Cookies



Ingredients: Organic Royal Quinoa flour, tapioca flour, rice flour, canahua flour, non-hydrogenated pal fruit oil, sugar cane juice, brown sugar, Quinoa pop grains, sodium bicarbonate, orange peel. 


Some of the main benefits of quinoa are:

  • Complete protein. Quinoa contains all 9 essential amino acids that are required by the body as building blocks for muscles.
  • Magnesium helps relax your muscles and blood vessels and effects blood pressure. Quinoa contains high levels of this vital nutrient.
  • Fiber. Quinoa is a wonderful way to ensure that you consume valuable fiber that eases elimination and tones your colon.
  • Manganese and copper. Quinoa is a good source of these minerals that act as antioxidants in your body to get rid of dangerous cancer and disease-causing substances.

http://bodyecology.com/articles/quinoa_benefits_guide.php


Even though I have been feeling sick...there is still a special sweet tooth for quinoa cookies that I just have to have!! I found these cookies at the NEW Commisso's Grocery Store in Niagara Falls. This may be my favorite Grocery store of all! It has the largest selection of gluten free and healthy choices that are hard to find!

http://www.commissosfreshfoods.com/


While I was shopping there, I asked one of the employees a question about a brand and product that I was looking for, and he pleasantly responded, this is something we were considering, we will bring it in and give it a try! How nice!! 


I am on Day 6 of getting over my sickness, and after visiting the doctors yesterday he said, I have a very bad sinus infection. That would explain my achy brain! I have never felt that before. I actually felt my brain throbbing!!


I am bundling up now to take Harley out for a walk and get some fresh air!!




Hope to do some cooking/baking later! 



Photobucket

1 comment:

Jaimee said...

I hope you feel better soon!! XOXO Jaimee