Saturday, May 28, 2011

Pregnancy and Heart Burn!




3rd Trimester-Heart burn!




I have to say, I have been most fortunate throughout my pregnancy and have felt great! However, I am experiencing Heart burn, that is attributed to my growing uterus. There is a lot of stress on my stomach and intestines that causes acids to reflux into the food pipe, giving me the burning sensation in the throat.




However, some natural ways to remedy heart burn are below:



Papaya enzyme is effective in relieving heartburn.  Papaya contains digestive enzymes and can be taken in a variety of ways – fresh, dried, canned, juiced, or even in tablet form.  Eat a small amount after meals to aid digestion and discourage heartburn. 

Drinking anise or fennel seed tea after meals will also aid digestion.
Other things you can do to help prevent heartburn include eating small meals frequently 


Don’t drink while eating (though it is important to then drink plenty between meals). 
Avoid Greasy and/or Spicy foods


Try not to eat a meal right before bed. 

product image
Try making a tea with Slippery Elm Powder and Honey.The slippery elm  soothes the stomach, neutralizes stomach acids and helps absorb intestinal gas.


Photobucket

2 comments:

Five Star Nat said...

While pregnant with my 3 other babies I had the worst possible heart burn, and I have to say I was partially causing it... I was waking up in the middle of the night and eating cheese (thinking it would help my heart burn... the grease in it was actually making it worse). You can also try to sleep slightly elevated... And when your baby is born, it will actually help the baby to sleep better also; because most babies have immature GI tracks and also get heart burn :) I used the belly wedge in the baby's bassinet (under the mattress) to elevate his head slightly (you can try this too - if you think your baby has colic!)

Deborah Fisher (Flawless Foodie) said...

Thanks for your great advice!!! I will keep this in mind when our baby is born too! :)