Thursday, June 9, 2011

Protein Bars

Just like many of you, I am on the go and need a quick snack, or something to satisfy my sweet chocolate cravings...


I have tried almost every protein bar out there and have come to the conclusion that most of them are just glorified chocolate bars with added protein. Your best bet is to look for natural ingredients, ones that you can pronounce and know what they are...


Limit or avoid the sugar alcohols...these lovely additions to protein bars bring down the overall sugar grams but in the end do a number on your stomach. 


LĂ„RABAR





I have been keeping a stash of these with me for that lull in between meals, or pre/post workouts.



http://www.larabar.com/


My new favorite is the Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip, you cant go wrong with these simple ingredients...


Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip*Dates, peanuts, chocolate chips, salt
And for 230 calories that your body can use as energy and understands how to digest, you cant go wrong!


I am in the process of trying to make my own version of 'larabars' I will keep you posted on how I make out.









Photobucket

1 comment:

Jenny Bulmanski said...

I'm a runner, so I love protein bars, too! I make some that are peanut butter and chocolate chip! If you like, check out my recipes at my blog http://bedeliciousblog.blogspot.com/2010/03/chewy-chocolate-oatmeal-protein-bars.html