This is a bread recipe that I created and just may call my favorite! So delicious and best of all it is healthy!!!
Here is a picture of the overall ingredients I used to create this yummy bread!
Combine below wet ingredients in one large bowl
- 1 1/2 cups of organic apple sauce
- 1 can of organic pumpkin
- 2 eggs, 2 egg whites (free run)
- 1/2 cup of organic skim milk
- 1/3 cup of organic molasses
- 2 teaspoons of pure vanilla extract
In a separate bowl, combine the below dry ingredients
- 3 1/2 cups of organic spelt flour
- 1 3/4 cup of organic cane sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon each of ground nutmeg, ginger, mace and cloves
- 1 cup of chopped organic chopped dried apricots
- 1 cup of chopped pecans (unsalted)
Gradually add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients. Ensure that it is well blended.
Pour into 3 loaf pans that are lightly greased ( I use a organic coconut spray to coat the pans lightly)
As for my little topping, I sprinkled pumpkin seeds, oatmeal, wheat germ and ground flax.
Bake int the oven for aprox. 45 minutes at 350, cool for 15 minutes before removing from loaf pans, and ENJOY!!!!!