Monday, October 3, 2011

Banana Chocolate Chip Bread


 I found these grain sweetened chocolate chips at a health food store in the States! They were perfect for baking with!!
 I like to use 1% Natural Plain Yogurt in my baking...it makes the dish moist yet light!

 All ingredients mixed....


I spray my bread pans with Coconut Spray Oil. It is natural and much better for you than the traditional baking sprays.

Ahhhh....my house smells like a bakery!!!




Here is my recipe that yields 3 loafs.

DRY

2 cups of spelt flour
1 cup of whole wheat flour
1 cup of amaranth flour
1 cup of organic cane sugar
2 Tbsp of baking powder
2 tsp of cinnamon
1/2 tsp baking soda

MIX ABOVE DRY INGREDIENTS IN A SEPERATE BOWL

WET

8 egg whites
2 cups of ripe mashed banana's
1 cup of skim milk soured with 2 tbsp of lemon juice
1 cup of  plain 1% yogurt
2tsp of vanilla
1 cup of chocolate chips ( I used the grain sweetened kind)

MIX ABOVE WET INGREDIENTS IN A SEPERATE BOWL

Combine both  and mix well, pour into sprayed loaf pan.

Bake for 55 minutes at 350
Photobucket

No comments: