Thursday, October 27, 2011

Pumpkin Spelt Bread with Apricots

This is my favorite time of year for baking, and pumpkin is one of my favorite ingredients to bake with. Its so versatile and has many health benefits.


This is a bread recipe that I created and just may call my favorite! So delicious and best of all it is healthy!!! 



















Here is a picture of the overall ingredients I used to create this yummy bread!


Combine below wet ingredients in one large bowl

  • 1 1/2 cups of organic apple sauce
  • 1 can of organic pumpkin
  • 2 eggs, 2 egg whites (free run)
  • 1/2 cup of organic skim milk
  • 1/3 cup of organic molasses
  • 2 teaspoons of pure vanilla extract
In a separate bowl, combine the below dry ingredients
  • 3 1/2 cups of organic spelt flour
  • 1 3/4 cup of organic cane sugar
  • 2 teaspoons baking soda
  • 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
  • 1 teaspoon each of ground nutmeg, ginger, mace and cloves
  • 1 cup of chopped organic chopped dried apricots 
  • 1 cup of chopped pecans (unsalted)
Gradually add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients. Ensure that it is well blended. 

Pour into 3 loaf pans that are lightly greased ( I use a organic coconut spray to coat the pans lightly)

As for my little topping, I sprinkled pumpkin seeds, oatmeal, wheat germ and ground flax.

Bake int the oven for aprox. 45 minutes at 350, cool for 15 minutes before removing from loaf pans, and ENJOY!!!!!





No comments: