Sunday, January 22, 2012

My everyday PERFECT oatmeal



I admit it...I like routine, I like knowing what I am going to eat when I wake up. It helps me with creating good habits. I feel like if I didnt know what I was going to eat for each meal, there would be more opportunity to make errors! My breakfast is always the same! I LOVE OATMEAL, for so many reasons. I thought I would share with you my "everyday PERFECT oatmeal" and why I love it so very much!!


Every day PERFECT oatmeal



  • 1/2 cup quick oats
  • 1 scoop of vanilla whey protein powder
  • 1 tablespoon of cinnamon
  • 1 tablespoon of cranberries
  • 1 tablespoon of ground flax seed
  • 1 tablespoon of bee pollen granules
  • 1 tablespoon of wheat germ
Mix in a bowl together, and add hot water, let sit for 1 minute, add a splash of almond milk and ENJOY!!

Ok, so why is this above combo so perfect? Let me breakdown some of the benefits!

OATMEAL
  • contains soluble fiber which can help you lower your cholesterol and blood pressure
  • good source of complex carbs to keep your blood sugar stable
  • keeps you feeling full for longer
WHEY PROTEIN POWDER
  • Source of energy and protein
  • builds and repairs muscles, bones and body cells
  • assists in weight loss
  • rich amounts of essential amino acids
CINNAMON
  • boost cognitive function and memory
  • great source of maganese, fiber, iron and calcium
  • anti clogging effect on the blood
  • improves energy, vitality, circulation
  • helps control blood sugar
  • has anti-inflammatory properties
CRANBERRIES
  • high in vitamin C and antioxidants
  • helps to fight tooth decay
  • fights bacterial infections
  • anti-cancer properties
  • immune system strengthener
  • cardiovascular benefits 
FLAX SEED
  • great source of fiber and helps keep things regular
  • concentrated amounts of omega 3 and ALA (alpha-linolenic acid)
  • lowers cholesterol
  • good source of magnesium
BEE POLLEN GRANULES
  • helps to increase your endurance and strength
  • natural weight control
  • helps to speed up calorie burning
  • helps to stabilize body chemistry
  • helps improve complexion
WHEAT GERM
Kretschmer Wheat Germ - Original Toasted
  • good source of Omega 3, 6 and EFA (Essential Fatty Acids)
  • good source of B Vitamins, Vitamin E and other minerals





Photobucket

No comments: