Friday, February 24, 2012

Almond "Butt"er Busting Brownie


Dr. Oz's Butt-Busting Brownie



As a Mama of a 7 month old (OMG! Shes 7 months old!) I find myself catching up on the daytime t.v from time to time. And the other day I was watching doctor oz when a recipe he showed caught my appetite! Its a healthy brownie...in fact he claims it is a butt busting brownie! Ok...I will give it a go! I love brownies!!


Well, as per usual, I changed the ingredients slightly as I felt it needed a bit of tweaking for flavor and sweetness. 


Below is what I used to make it a little more palatable. But I will give you a warning...it has a kick to it! The cayenne pepper really hits you at the end! 







Almond "Butt"er Blasting Brownie
by Deborah Fisher
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: no bake!!

Ingredients (12 servings)
  • 1 cup raw cacao powder
  • 1/4 tsp cayenne
  • 2 tsp cinnamon
  • 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
  • 1/2 cup organic raisins
  • 1/2 cup medjool dates
  • 5 tablespoons of natural almond butter
  • 4 tablespoons of agave nectar
  • 1 cup oats
Instructions
In a food processor purée the cacao, cayenne, cinnamon, milk, raisins, dates and almond butter until a smooth paste forms.
Add the oats to the food processor and quickly pulse to incorporate them.
Transfer the mix into a square or rectangular container lined cross wise with wax paper.
Press down to form the ‘brownie' base.
Refrigerate until firm.
Cut into squares before serving.
Enjoy!
Powered by Recipage
Photobucket

No comments: