Blueberry Yogurt Protein Bread
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Ingredients (2 loafs)
- 3 cups of spelt flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup of coconut oil (warmed to liquid form)
- 1/2 cup of honey
- 2 tbsp ground flaxseed mixed with 6 tbsp water (this is an egg replacer)
- 1 tsp of freshly grated lemon peel
- Juice of one fresh lemon
- 1 1/2 cups plain low fat greek yogurt
- 1 1/2 cups fresh blueberries
Preheat the oven to 375
Lightly spray 2 loaf pans (I use coconut oil spray)
In a medium bowl, combine the first 4 ingredients. Set aside
In a large bowl, combine coconut oil, honey and egg replacer, lemon peel and juice.
Add dry ingredients to wet, and mix well. Stir in yogurt, and fold in berries
Fill both loaf pans and bake for aprox 45 minutes.
*As a tip, I drizzled a honey on the top of the loafs, and some oatmeal to give the bread a sweet crunch! This was super tasty!!