I love a good salad, and with a bed of crunchy romaine lettuce and spinach the options are endless!
Here are a few of my favorite things that I always have on hand to toss in and make a beautiful inspiring and healthy salad thats well balanced!
- chopped peppers (green, yellow, orange, red)
- chick peas
- dried fruit (cherries, cranberries, raisins)
- shredded cabbage
- shredded carrot
- toasted nuts (walnuts, sunflower seeds, almonds, cashews)
- chopped broccoli and cauliflower
- crumbled feta or goat cheese
- hulled hemp hearts
For dressing, I usually just use a good quality extra virgin olive oil and balsamic dressing mixed 1:2 parts
and sprinkle a little sea salt and cracked black pepper!
I have all these ingredients handy and pre-chopped and prepped in the fridge so that when lunch hits...I have everything ready! Just toss together and ENJOY!