Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Healthy Salad that is not boring!


I love a good salad, and with a bed of crunchy romaine lettuce and spinach the options are endless!

Here are a few of my favorite things that I always have on hand to toss in and make a beautiful inspiring and healthy salad thats well balanced!

  • chopped peppers (green, yellow, orange, red)
  • chick peas
  • dried fruit (cherries, cranberries, raisins)
  • shredded cabbage
  • shredded carrot
  • toasted nuts (walnuts, sunflower seeds, almonds, cashews)
  • chopped broccoli and cauliflower
  • crumbled feta or goat cheese
  • hulled hemp hearts 
For dressing, I usually just use a good quality extra virgin olive oil and balsamic dressing mixed 1:2 parts
and sprinkle a little sea salt and cracked black pepper!

I have all these ingredients handy and pre-chopped and prepped in the fridge so that when lunch hits...I have everything ready! Just toss together and ENJOY!


Photobucket

No comments: