Wednesday, February 15, 2012

My very first SOUP! I made soup!!!

Ok, this is a revelation! Seriously! I am so excited that I have discovered making soup is super easy! I cant believe its taken me so long to give it a "go". Not sure what I was waiting for, but this is honestly so easy and so delicious I just wish you were enjoying with me as I am typing out this post!






Photobucket

Carrot Apple Soup

by Deborah Fisher

Prep Time: 15 minutes

Cook Time: 20 minutes

Ingredients (8 servings)

    For the Soup
    • 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil
    • 1 small onion chopped
    • 1/4 green pepper chopped
    • 1/4 red pepper chopped
    • 2 garlic cloves minced
    • 2 tablespoons of freshly grated ginger
    • 1 large green apple chopped (keep skins on)
    • 3 large carrots peeled and chopped
    • 5 red skinned mini potatoes chopped
    • 1 box of vegetable broth
    • pinch of nutmeg
    • pinch of sea salt and black pepper

    Instructions

    In a large stock pot add the first 5 ingredients and cook until onions are translucent

    Add all other ingredients and bring to a boil for 5 minutes uncovered

    Reduce and simmer for 25 minutes covered

    Scoop out the soup in batches and puree in your blender or food processor

    ENJOY!!!

    Powered by Recipage

    No comments: