Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Parmesan Crusted Fennel




Fennel is an excellent source of vitamin C, dietary fiber, potassium, manganese, folate, and molybdenum. It is also a good source of niacin, phosphorus, calcium, magnesium, iron and copper!


This was my very first experience with this strange looking vegetable! I actually bought it by accident! Haha! I thought I was buying leeks! oops! So thankfully I opened up my Clean Eating Book and found a simple recipe to make this interesting vegetable.

Chop the green stalk like parts off
Remove any browned parts
Chop the bulb portion into bite size chunks
Put into a glass baking dish, drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle parmesan cheese salt and pepper (to taste)

 Bake in the oven for aprox 30 minutes at 400 until the Parmesan cheese gets kinda crusty and the Fennel is soft when pricked with a fork or knife


I know the picture may not seem appetizing! But I promise you, Ronnie and I ate the whole thing! It really was different and had a bit of that black licorice kinda taste which I liked. But of course, my favorite part was the crusty Parmesan cheese!!!

Photobucket

No comments: