Saturday, February 25, 2012

Sunwarrior Protein (raw vegan superfood)

Well, talk about a perfect complete raw vegan superfood protein! 


I am so happy to review this protein powder with you because I can honestly say, that it is loaded with nutrients and quality ingredients and tastes great! I actually expected a chalky and gritty consistency, however I was so pleasantly surprised with the silky smooth texture. 


I am loving the people at Sunwarrior for sending me 5 different samples to try out!


First sample I tried was the Original Protein Raw Vegan Sample Pack




This protein is made from whole grain brown rice.
I tried the vanilla with my oatmeal in the morning as a pre-workout and absolutely loved the flavor! 


The next day, I tried the chocolate mixed only with almond milk in my shaker cup as a post-workout and it was so creamy and delicious! 


The Natural Flavor was used in Ronnie's shake mixed with a frozen banana and mixed berries. I tasted it and it was creamy, but it lacked a bit of sweetness so I added a teaspoon of agave nectar! mmmmm

Here are some fast facts about these awesome protein powders!

  • 100% raw vegan
  • 83%  pure protein
  • complete amino acid profile
  • hypoallergenic
  • non-gmo
  • gluten free
  • highest digestibility and efficiency ratings of any other protein sources
  • naturally rich in vitamins and minerals

Newest to the collection of protein powders are the Warrior Blends. These are made from pea, hemp and cranberry!
  • plant based protein with a complete amino acid profile and bcaa
  • easily digestible
  • nutrient dense
  • free of solvents
  • No gmo
  • completely natural
Both the chocolate and vanilla were used as a post-workout with water only, and honestly they were great! I can imagine that they will be even better mixed in with my oatmeal or smoothies. 

I am happy that I found this brand and will totally be supporting this Canadian Company! 


Check out their website for more information!


You can find their products in most health food stores or of course, you can buy online! :)
Photobucket

No comments: