Thursday, February 23, 2012

Whipped Natural Peanut Butter (with 1/2 the Calories)

As you may already know...I have a peanut butter problem! I mean seriously...I am in the peanut butter or almond butter jar daily and sometimes its just with a spoon and no bread!


Ronnie is actually more peanut butter obsessed than I am!! We are competitive about our nut butters! Meaning, we dont share our jars, and we see whose lasts longer. I usually win, however...I know he sneaks a few scoops out of mine too!


So in an effort to cut the calories a bit, I experimented!






This actually tastes great, and Ronnie prefers it! So its our new 


"Whipped Peanut Butter"


In a food processor blend


  • 1 cup all natural chunky (or smooth) peanut butter
  • 1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk (less if you like it thicker)
  • 3 tablespoons of agave nectar (needed to sweeten it up a bit)

Blend and scrape out into a container, keep refrigerated!

Photobucket

No comments: