5 Ingredient Chewy Vanilla Coconut Cookies
Gluten free, Dairy free, Refined sugar-free, Yeast free, Corn free, Grain free
Coconut packed cookies, perfect for traveling, lunches, or topped with ice-cream.
Yield: 8 cookies
- 2 cup finely shredded medium shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup almond flour *see note
- 1/2 cup unpasteurized honey
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or silicon baking mat.
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and mix until combined.
- Grab about 1/4 cup of mixture with hands and press together, flattening out like the mud pies you may have made as a kid with the mud in your backyard (I swear these cookies will taste better!)
- Place on prepared baking sheet and bake for 15-20minute, or until golden. Mine were perfect at 17 minutes.
note: If you are sensitive to almonds, you could replace the almond flour with other ground nuts or seeds. Loosely ground flax seed may also be used – I would reduce by 30%. Alternatively, you could try oat flour, or just add additional shredded coconut. I have not tried any of these variations, so I can’t be 100% sure of the outcome.