Sunday, March 11, 2012

Eat Clean Chocolate Chunk Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookiess


This morning I got up nice and early (6am) and went for my first run with the Running Room in St.Catharines.
I was motivated to see how many other people got up (despite the changing of the clocks) for an early morning run! 


I joined in on the 1/2 Marathon training runners group and aimed to do a modest 9K with them. I was a bit nervous at the onset, and realized as soon as we got started that I absolutely need to run with this group. Running alone I run way to fast!! The group helped me pace myself and also push myself to completion. I kept up with some of the more experienced runners and surprised myself in just how great I felt! 


By the end, the group was shocked that this was my first run  with them! Guess my spinning and treadmill training is paying off!


My time:
9.88 km
57:09 time
5'46" pace


So that run deserved a great treat!!!


Sticking with my peanut butter problem...I decided to whip up a batch of Chocolate Chunk Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies! Its gorgeous outside today...why am I baking? Oh, because I love to and deserve it! No matter what the weather, baking makes me happy! Probably because I love to taste it in the end! 


INGREDIENTS:

  • 2 cups of all natural crunchy peanut butter (no sugar/salt added)
  • 1 cup of quick oats
  • 1/2 cup of organic sugar cane
  • 2 organic eggs
  • 2 teaspoons of sea salt
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 cup of chocolate chunks/chips
Mix all ingredients until well combined and fold in chocolate at the end

Form into little balls (no need for major spacing, as they dont spread when baking)

No need to grease a cookie sheet either because the peanut butter has natural oils and it wont stick!

Bake in your oven at 350 for 13 minutes

Oh, these are just so moist! Not too sweet and perfect for an eat clean treat!






Photobucket

1 comment:

Melissa said...

I absolutely loved these cookies!!!!! Amazing