Thursday, March 8, 2012

Navitas Trail Mix and Power Snacks

I was just getting home from doing groceries today when my SNACK attack almost got the best of me! You know when you feel so hungry that you dont know what to eat, so you start snacking on everything...well, I was just about to go down that road and the door bell rang! The post man saved the day! Upon ripping open the box I squealed in delight to find this Berry, Caco Nib and Cashew Trail Mix.

Ahhhh, relief! The sweet dried berries were so "berry" good! However, I love nuts and for my own personal preference I wanted more! So,I added about 1/2 cup of unsalted, raw cashews to the trail mix package, It gave it a little more crunch and balanced out the sweet and tart berries.

I can see me adding this trail mix to a green salad! Mixed with balsamic vinegar and olive oil. This would be a perfect companion to add some texture and flavor!

Trail Mix: Ancient nomads were the first to discover the benefits of trail mix: potent wild foods that are portable, full of energy, and do not require cooking. Today, Navitas Naturals extends this tradition by using only the most powerful superfoods available to create the ultimate organic raw trail mix. This special trail mix contains high-energy cacao, healthy really-raw cashews, antioxidant-rich goji berries, sweet well-rounded mulberries, and vitamin-packed goldenberries. Excellent by the handful, or tossed into recipes for an easy gourmet boost, Navitas Naturals Trail Power is a delicious way to fuel your lifestyle 



Power Snacks
These Power snacks were powerfully perfect!! Wow! I wasnt sure what to expect as I have tried something like this in the past and it was crunchy and almost knocked my teeth out! These were soft and chewy, bite sized perfection! I absolutely LOVE, LOVE, LOVE them! I can see that these would be a perfect pick me up mid day and give me some good staying power before a run! Well thats what I am hoping as I am going to be lacing up soon to keep with my training! 

Power SnackGrab a bite of energy and celebrate, because while your taste buds are singing, your body’s feeling even healthier. These delicious snacks are made from the most nutrient-dense plants found in nature, packed with functional food stars like cacao, maca, chia, and camu-camu. At Navitas, our tradition is to globally source the most nutritious, wholesome, and sustainably-cultivated ingredients we can find. Now, we’ve combined these premium organic superfoods into flavorful grab-and-go snacks, making it easier than ever to enjoy their vibrant benefits 

Needless to say...these snacks are 100%.....


No comments: