Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Teff Wraps Gluten Free (LaTortilla Factory)

http://www.latortillafactory.com/
I love breakfast wraps, and in an effort to try to be gluten free with the majority of my diet, these fit in nicely!! They are wholesome and made with Whole Grain Teff flour. 

What is TEFF?
Teff is a tiny grain loaded with nutrition! It is believed to have originated in Ethiopia. This grain is high in protein, fibre and has an excellent amino acid composition.  It has a nutty chestnut flavour, and this wrap is best eaten grilled on a pan, as it would be a bit tough to eat 'fresh'.

One wrap is 180 calories, 3 grams of fibre and 2 grams protein

Breakfast Wrap (Egg white scramble with Teff)

  • 4 egg whites
  • 1 egg
  • 1/4 chopped green peppers
  • feta cheese
I grill up the above on a pan, and scramble. Then set aside.

Put the Teff wrap on the pan, flip when bubbly and add in your scramble mixture! Easy!!





Photobucket

2 comments:

Five Star Nat said...

Umm I would add some asparagus because it's finally in season :) ps. I received the Amazing grass package, thank you again so much!

Deborah Fisher said...

Thanks Nat! Great idea with Asparagus! That would be perfect!!! mmmm

Let me know how you like the amazing grass! I loved it!!!