Sunday, May 6, 2012

Perfect Pre-run meal, during run snack and great running friends= PERFECT RUN today!


Waking up this beautiful morning, I thought to myself...I am going to run 18KM today! What am I thinking? I am crazy and can I do this? I started questioning my ability and then realized that I can do anything! Self talk is something that can work for and against us. It so important to really become self-aware and therefore recognize when our fears come in they can affect us negatively! 


I immedietley switched off that voice and turned on a new approach. Looked back out that same window and smiled..."I am going to run 18KM today and I am going to LOVE this!!" 


So with my new attitude in check, pre-run breakfast is next.


This is by far my best pre-run meal!! I have sampled a few other options, but this was seriously perfect! Not to mention incredibly tasty too!!


 Perfect Pre-Run Oatmeal

  • 1/4 cup of quick oats
  • 1 tablespoon of Chia Seeds
  • 1/2 scoop of natural chocolate protein powder
  • 1/2 banana
Mix above ingredients together- then add hot water to desired consistency then......add
  • 1 teaspoon of natural crunchy peanut butter
YUMMY!!!!



During my run, I am so excited to say that the Clif Shot Bloks are amazing!!


Each blok is 33 calories, and they are the perfect blend of electrolytes and carbohydrates to replenish your body during physical activity.


I ate about 4 of these during my run, I started my first at around 20 minutes into the run and they really helped energize me and push me a little further without fatiguing! I am definitely going to be using this going forward and for race day!! I enjoyed the strawberry flavour today! 


Todays run stats:


DISTANCE: 18.77 km
TIME: 1:49:21
PACE: 5'49"
CALORIES: 1297 (WOW!!)







On a previous run last week, I tried the Clif Energy Gels and they are very yummy too! While I actually loved the Chocolate and Vanilla flavours (they reminded me of  a fudgy icing/dessert) they made a mess of my fuel belt! I didn't finish them in one serving and it kinda exploded! Oops!! 


But they were very effective and tasty!!

Photobucket

2 comments:

Ashley Waters said...

Deb, where did you get your running belt!?!?

Deborah Fisher said...

Hi Ashley!

I got this at www.ifitness.com I ordered it online and got in a about 2 weeks! LOVE IT!