Wednesday, June 6, 2012

1/2 Marathon Goal completed!!!!

The level of excitement was just so awesome! I was entering the race on such minimal sleep, as Chloe has been sick all week, and the night before was no exception. She was up every hour, and really struggling with her cold. I was also coming off a head cold! So lack of sleep and sickness were not in my favour for race day, however that didn't stop me! I showed up to meet some of my running friends and as soon as I seen them, I forgot all about my difficult night. I was now focused and excited!!!


What a rush! The entire race was perfect for me! I felt strong, confident and proud to be running alongside so many amazing women!


I followed behind the 2 hour pace bunny the majority of the race and that at the very end I gave it my all and sprinted to the finish line! I finished at 1:57! I am super happy about that time! 


I have found a new love and appreciation for running!





Photobucket

No comments: