Saturday, June 2, 2012

Delightful Strawberry, Spinach and Broccoli Salad with Macadamia Nuts


Simple Salads are the way to go! Keeping on hand a variety of healthy toppers are a necessity to add more nutritional punch to your greens. I love this salad from my Vegetarian Eat Clean Cook Book!



The above picture (right) is all the ingredients needed to make this asian inspired dressing! Trust me its worth it! I loved the sesame scent and flavour! Mmmmm


I just love it when my salad is so pretty!!! I enjoy it just that much more!!!

Ok, so here is how to make this pretty salad!

DRESSING:
  • 1 tbsp soy sauce (low sodium)
  • 2 tsp rice vinegar
  • 2 tsp sesame oil
  • 1 tsp honey
  • 1/2 tsp dijon mustard
  • 1 tbsp chia seeds
SALAD
  • 4 cups of baby spinach ( I added some baby kale too!)
  • 2 cups of strawberries, sliced or chopped
  • 2 cups of raw broccoli florets (cut into bite size pieces)
  • 1/2 avoado (diced)
  • 1/4 up unsalted macadamia nuts (coarsely chopped)
Toss dressing with salad and enjoy!!! 



Photobucket

No comments: