- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 cups quick oats
- 3/4 cup organic palm sugar (you can also use brown sugar)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 cup olive oil (or you can use canola oil)
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened almond milk
- 4 apples, peeled and diced into small pieces
Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray muffin tin(s) and set aside.
In a large bowl, mix together the flour, oats, sugar, cinnamon, baking powder and baking soda. Add the oil, almond milk and applesauce, mix well. Stir in the diced apples.
Fill the muffin cups 2/3 full with batter.
Bake for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the centre comes out clean. Let the muffins cool for a few minutes before removing from the tin. Allow to cool completely on wire racks.
Makes 14-16 muffins.