Thursday, January 31, 2013
I am over half way through my Yoga Teacher Training program and I am finding that Yoga is not only when I am on my mat. Its every day and in every moment I am in. This journey is in incredible and the more I embrace it, I discover even more union with my mind body and soul! There have been times when I was uncomfortable about discovering some of my true Self, but it is so humbling to move past it all. I love these quotes, so I thought I would share them with you too!
Tuesday, January 29, 2013
Sometimes its nice to just have a home cooked meal that is in one dish! I decided to create a favourite classic of mine from when I was younger. This recipe is ultra healthy and soooo much better than I ever could remember!
Vegan Sheppards Pie
- 2 packages of Yves Ground Round
- 1/2 sweet onion diced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 corn on the cobs boiled
- 5 potatoes boiled/mashed
- In a large pan add olive oil and onion, once the onion becomes translucent add the ground round. (set aside)
- Cut off the kernels using a sharp knife alongside the corn on the cob (set aside)
- Once potatoes are done, a fork goes in nicely, add a tbsp of vegan butter and 1 cup of almond milk, mash until desired consistency.
Layer the 'meat', corn, then the potatoes and bake in the oven at 350 for 30 minutes!