One dish Vegan Banana Chocolate Chip Bread Pudding dessert...oh my! If you have a craving and day old bread t...then give this easy bread pudding recipe a go! Its easy and pleases your sweet tooth without any guilt!
- 2 1/2 cups of almond milk
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp of arrowroot powder
- pinch of sea salt
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 cup of coconut palm sugar
- 2 tbsp of yacon syrup (or molasses)
- 2 bananas
- 1/2 cup of chocolate chips (dairy free)
- 3/4 loaf of bread (I used red fife bread, any will do!)
Combine all ingredients except bananas, chocolate chips and bread, whisk together until no clumps from the arrowroot powder, then add the remaining ingredients.
Let sit for about 10 minutes to get the bread well soaked.
Use a 9x9 dish and coat with coconut oil or vegan buttery spread
Put in the oven at 350 for 30 minutes and enjoy!!
What is Yacon Syrup? It is a low GI sweetener that tastes like molasses. Its low in calories and all natural sweetener derived from a plant. It also has prebiotics and is an antioxidant!
I love this one from Navitas Naturals!